The General section captures the project's basic information, including project number, title, contact information, and start and end dates.
Onware may populate these information onto documents and reports.
To enter a project's general information, complete necessary fields:
- The project Number is automatically populated in sequence.
Note: You can update the Number field to assign a different number to the project.
- Enter a Sub Number, if required.
- Enter a Sustainable Project Number, if required.
- Enter a Project Title.
- Enter a Short Name.
Note: Short Name is used in the subject lines of project related e-mails, rather than the full project title.
- Select a Status. For more information, see Activate a Project and Inactivate a Project.
Tip: Status defaults to Inactive when a new project is created. Once the project is completely configured and ready to be accessed, set the project to Active.
To identify a user as a Project Manager/Contract Administrator, use the Start Typing to Search
To identify a user as a Partner in Charge, use the Start Typing to Search
Note: It is highly recommended that both of these fields be populated in all projects, as they are used in reporting.
Note: Users in the Project Manager/Contract Administrator, and Partner in Charge fields can enable Onware to e-mail a combined PDF of their Project Summaries. For more information, see E-mail Notifications
- Select the Project's Office location.
Note: Office represents which of you firm's offices the project is being managed from. If your office location is not in the list, reach out to Onware Help Desk for assistance.
- Using the 4.5 Date Picker, enter the project's:
- Select a project Phase, if required.
- Select a project Type, if required.
- Assign an Inbound E-mail Address for your project.
Note: The e-mail address must be unique and cannot be used on another project. Project e-mail is available for Onware Cloud projects only.
Tip: Onware automatically captures, stores and records e-mails sent to the project's assigned inbound e-mail address with your other project documents.
- Using the Rich Text Editor, enter a Description of Work, if required.
- Click .